Roadblock #10 Financial Disorganization
If you’re not sure what you have, then how do you know it’s perfect?
When asked about where you are currently with your finances, do you know…
- How much you save every year?
- How much you have in the bank?
- How much insurance you have in place?
- How much you have remaining on your home mortgage.
Too often the answer is, “I don’t know.” So how is it that you could be moving forward and pursuing an optimal financial outcome when you’re not really sure what you have or more importantly how it all fits together?
What kind of financial disadvantages could I face by being disorganized with my money?
- Not saving enough
- Not having the proper protection in place
- Not having enough short term liquidity
- Overpaying taxes
- Taking too much risk
- Having a mortgage payment that is taking up too much space within your financial picture
It’s the not knowing that leads to these types of financial hurdles that find their way into your financial picture. It is important to always have a clear and updated view of your finances.
The Living Balance Sheet® technology helps you to stay organized, by allowing you to:
- How much you save every year?
- Link your accounts and have updated account values daily. You will be able to see how much your mutual fund is worth and how much you still owe on your car — all in one place.
- Be the recipient of a brand new net worth statement every morning when you wake up
- Have an electronic vault that stores tax returns, investment statements and insurance policies, so that Mother Nature can’t reach them.
- Establish alerts so that you’ll be reminded to review your will, update your insurance portfolio and to check-in, if cash balances or credit card balances go too high or too low.
All of that and more is part of what The Living Balance Sheet®experience amounts to.
Making sure that, at a glance on one page you can see where you stand today is of paramount importance. In addition to The Living Balance Sheet® cutting edge technology, you also receive a financial scorecard. This playbook is a set of game rules that keeps you within the financial guardrails, so that you don’t take too much risk or go too far off the path towards financial balance.
By using this playbook and working with a professional, you’ll learn how big your house should be, how much insurance to have, how much you should save and gain a collection of
financial game rules that will produce a financial outcome that you deserve. The Living Balance Sheet® harnesses technology and infuses it with a brand new way of thinking about money. The combination of the two can move you in an entirely improved direction with your finances.
The Living Balance Sheet® system displays the financial holdings identified by the client based upon information and valuations provided directly by the client or by electronic feeds from the client’s financial institutions.Valuations provided by electronic feeds reflect the most current information provided by the financial institution as of the date and time noted, but can reflect valuations from an earlier date and time.
Guardian, its subsidiaries, agents and employees do not provide tax, legal, or accounting advice. Consult your tax, legal, or accounting professional regarding your individual situation. The Living Balance Sheet® (LBS) and the LBS Logo are registered service marks of The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America (Guardian), New York, NY. © Copyright 2005-2019 Guardian
Pub7348 2019-85512 Exp. 09/21